Wednesday, January 12, 2011

People make all the difference.......

I woke up today to see the comment by Sherri on my last blog post.  It made me realize why I like going to PR so much, and why I believe this BTWG program is going to work........It's the people.  Have you ever been in a job, where the work situation sucks, but your co-workers are awesome? (I did for a 9 yr stretch one time!)  I've been trying to log my calories/workouts the last few days....and am trying to get into the mode ( I know we don't "officially" start yet, but trying to get into the habit) as this is all very new to me.  I did the Level 2/month 1 strength/toning workout yesterday too.....not to mention shoveling snow from our driveway and our neighbor's too! (Even though we have a snowblower in the garage----impressed Chris!?) I'm definately feeling it today! I am definately trying to do more positive "self talk"...though I've gotten a few strange stares from my kiddos and husband...hope everyone else is doing great! Glad we're all in this together!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad we are in this together too! I can't wait to meet everyone! Great job on your workout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Judi - I just updated my blog so you'll have to check it out under Graduate Blogs on the BTWG site. Here's the poem I mentioned to you...in fact, I included it in the blog i just posted.. .enjoy! As I said in the blog, it's about self love, about holding communion in honor of your own human holiness, about looking into the mirror and embracing your beauty and value and abilities. It's about rediscovering yourself, and then having compassion toward and appreciation of the person you discover.

    Love After Love

    The time will come
    when, with elation
    you will greet yourself arriving
    at your own door, in your own mirror
    and each will smile at the other's welcome,

    and say, sit here. Eat.
    You will love again the stranger who was your self.
    Give wine. Give bread. Give back your heart
    to itself, to the stranger who has loved you

    all your life, whom you ignored
    for another, who knows you by heart.
    Take down the love letters from the bookshelf,

    the photographs, the desperate notes,
    peel your own image from the mirror.
    Sit. Feast on your life.

    by Derek Walcott

    ReplyDelete